Welcome to Smart Cities India expo
India is one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Investment planned across the key government initiatives includes Highways – USD 106.5 bn, Railways – USD 131.7 bn, Ports – USD 61.5 bn, Airports – USD 58 bn, Industrial Corridors – USD 100 bn, Smart Cities – USD 14.6 bn and Clean India - USD 29 bn.
- Home automation / IoT: The Home automation market is expected to cross USD 4.43 billion by 2022
- Building Intelligence Monitoring (BIM): Smart Buildings optimize utilization, support green standards and control operating costs. Implementation of BIM technologies and workflows in Architectural, engineering, construction and facility operations (AECO) can reduce costs of construction and lifecycle costs by upto 50%, reduce greenhouse gas emission by upto 50% and reduce construction time by 50% from inception to completion.
- Green Building Solutions: Buildings are responsible for a huge share of energy, electricity, water and materials consumption. The building sector has the greatest potential to deliver significant cuts in emissions at little or no cost. Buildings account for 18% of global emissions today, or the equivalent of 9 billion tonnes of CO2 annually
Water & Sanitation
- Water monitoring: Surface and ground water can be affected by land use, agricultural practices, pollution and climate change. Monitoring and treatment of water is essential since public health may be jeopardized if surface water is contaminated.
- Water Metering / billing: Smart water metering, communication networks and analytics will increase such that by 2020 over US$200m will be channeled to address the country’s water sector.
- Water ATMS: There are 66,093 rural habitations in India where the drinking-water source is contaminated with either one or more chemicals, such as arsenic, fluoride, nitrate, iron and salinity. Water ATMs provide safe drinking water in urban and rural areas.
- Solid Waste Management: Onsite handling, waste collection, waste transfer and transport, waste processing, recovery and disposal are key solutions. Management programs, technologies including smart bins, waste to energy techniques are being used by smart cities and municipalities.
- Toilets: 3 lakh plus public toilets have been constructed from 2015 onwards under Swach Bharat Urban.
Environment / Pollution
- Pollution Monitoring: A recently published, World Health Organization (WHO) report, placed 13 Indian cities in the 20 most polluted cities of the world. Air quality monitoring system market is estimated to be worth $ 4.90 billion
- Geo-Spatial: The $4 billion Indian geospatial industry in India is expected to become a $20 billion market by 2025
Smart IT and Communications
- Command and Control Centre for Cities / Municipalities: The command and control systems market is projected to reach USD 35.65 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 4.15% during the forecast period.
- Cloud / Open Data: The Public Cloud market in India reached about $658 million in the first half of the financial year 2017. It is estimated that by 2020, over 90% of global enterprises will adopt multi-cloud platform.
- IoT: Smart Cities, Digital India campaigns is driving growth in the IoT segment and its market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 28.2 percent during 2016-22.
Safety & Security
- Security Cameras: the India CCTV Camera market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 27.16% in the 2016 to 2021 period.
- Video Intelligence / Data: India’s video surveillance analytics software market is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 35% during 2017 to 2023
- USD 500 billion investment is expected through current government policies and missions including projects for highways, rail, metro, air and sea ports etc…
- Traffic management market is expected to reach US$16.89bn
- India is projected to invest $44.9bn in smart metering, distribution automation, battery storage and other smart grid market segments over the next decade. This investment will help to reduce the country’s staggering 22.7% transmission and distribution loss rate.
- Intelligent Street Lights: Under Smart Cities Mission efficient street lighting has been given major impetus and the market is expected to touch $ 1.8 bn by 2022.networks in the country
Participation by Indian States, Smart Cities / PSU’s
- As of January 2018, 99 cities have been selected to be upgraded as part of the Smart Cities Mission. Special Purpose Vehicles, State’s, UTs and Government entities relevant to Smart Cities Mission will exhibit their achievement and initiatives at the expo.
- Foreign Direct Investment in India increased by 4007 USD Million in February of 2018. Foreign Direct Investment in India averaged 1294.03 USD Million from 1995 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 8579 USD Million in August of 2017
- Leading countries are joining hands with India for Investment opportunities. Large country pavilions will be organized at the expo for engagement opportunities with Indian businesses